We are looking for a PR & Events Intern to become part of our growing team of passionate people who work to achieve our mission. If you are as excited as we are about creating positive change, then have a look at our vacancy below.
About your Role
In this role you will join the Marketing/Communications Team, where you will work closest with the Press Officer and Events Manager to implement our PR and events strategies. Your main activities are to support in organizing events and in coordinating media relationships. In addition, you will be performing general communication and related administrative work.
- You feel a strong and intrinsic connection with Fairphone’s vision, mission and values.
- You are hands-on, take initiative and see opportunities where others see issues, and apply them via constructive, creative thinking.
- You are flexible and love the work environment of a start-up/scale-up company that is fast paced and determined by change.
- You are a people person and enjoy collaborating with people from different levels of seniority, cultures and backgrounds.
- You are self-motivated and have a positive attitude.
- You are passionate about convincing and engaging people for a good cause.
- You (are willing to) live in the Netherlands and have the right to work within the EU.
Together with the Marketing/Communications Team you will put Fairphone and our mission on the radar of various audiences, using different online and offline channels. For this purpose, responsibilities will include:
- Researching, assessing and following-up on opportunities and incoming requests for media and events.
- Performing a wide range of tasks to support the organization and activation of Fairphone events.
- Supporting Fairphone team members with public speaking and interviews, including briefings and preparing press packages.
- Supporting the team in applying for and monitoring awards and prizes.
- (Support in) analyzing Fairphone’s media and event performance.
- Taking care of general communication and related administrative support.
Your Skills & Experiences
- You are a senior student within communication, media, public relations or any other relevant study program.
- You have previous work experience, preferably in PR or Journalism, through an internship, side job or student organisation.
- You have an interest and experience with hosting and/or organizing events.
- You have an eye for detail, without losing sight of the bigger picture.
- You are capable of working independently and taking the initiative to keep projects moving forward.
- You don’t hesitate to pro-actively approach partners and other stakeholders and to represent Fairphone towards various audiences (press, Fairphone community, partners, etc).
- You have an understanding of international press and media landscapes.
- You are fluent in written and spoken English; (native) proficiency in one of our other key languages is preferred: German, French, Dutch.