At CustomConcepts we’re looking for an experienced Product Owner who will initiate, manage and coordinate the development process of our e-commerce and Print-on-Demand platform.
As a proven project manager you will represent the voice of the Business to the Development team and be responsible for delivering working software by building strong relationships, gathering business requirements, validating all test efforts, and providing ongoing communication.
You have a deep customer knowledge, an excellent ability to transform strategic intent into fully elaborated requirements in the form of user stories, feature specifications and acceptance criteria.
Who we are
CustomConcepts (founded in 2012) is an e-commerce scale-up with innovative brands such as gocustomized.com and mypersonalisedcase.co.uk. From our offices and print production facility in central Amsterdam, The Netherlands, we have a strong focus on the personalized products market. We have built a winning business model and are currently serving 10 European countries amongst others France, United Kingdom, Germany and The Netherlands and since March 2017 we are experiencing explosive growth of our platform in the United States of America as well.
We’re not simply an online store, we’re a vertically-integrated platform that controls every step in the customer journey - from the marketing and development of our E-commerce and Print-On-Demand platform to purchasing in the Far East, and print production and fulfillment in Amsterdam. Our platform is constantly growing: with more than 40 team members and activity in over 10 countries now, we’re expecting to triple our turnover in the next two years and expand to at least 5 more markets and product categories!
- You will setup and take ownership of an Agile requirements process for documenting, managing, and tracking progress.
- Act as a connector between the Development and marketing / business team to ensure that all requirements and user stories are accurate and fully detailed.
- Initiate and lead sprint planning meetings.
- Prioritize the Product Backlog based on customer feedback, market changes and business priorities.
- Doing release planning.
- Work with our in-house developers as well as a remote team.
- Further build our development team: hiring new team members and getting them included and up-to-speed in development projects.
- You have a Bachelor's degree and have minimum 3 years relevant working experience.
- Significant experience in a product owner role; preferably in a scale-up environment.
- You have great people skills and you can motivate and inspire a team to achieve performance goals
- In-depth understanding of Agile methodologies, technical understanding of products, and up-to-date on industry standards and best practices.
- A background in IT development
- Ability to travel as required in order to meet with our Remote team
- You communicate fluently in English. Any other language is a big plus.
- Great communication skills both written and verbal.
- Highly organized and able to meet deliverables and drive work to completion within specified timelines.
- Project management skills: able to organize, prioritize, and manage multiple projects, initiatives, stakeholders and vendors/partners simultaneously with appropriate sense of urgency
What we offer you
- A challenging job in a global, dynamic and rapidly growing e-commerce company.
- An attractive salary based on your skills and experience.
- The opportunity to grow with a fast-growing scale-up.
- Travel allowance and pension scheme.
- Training & Coaching program based on individual needs
- Free lunches followed by mandatory Mario Kart sessions. We take it very seriously.
- Enough coffee and tea to sink a small island.
- A fun and relaxing working atmosphere in a modern office situated in the middle of Amsterdam
- Friday drinks, frequent international lunches and fantastic themed parties!
Send your resume and a short motivation letter to Michiel van de Plassche (email@example.com). Feel free to email or call us if you have any questions! Please do not make use of this vacancy as an acquisition opportunity.
Skills Required : Agile, Scrum, Project Management